- The Grain Harvesters. ASAE, 270 pages, 1978. Seventh Printing.
- 200 Years of Farm Machinery in Australia. 28 pp. NSWDA, 1988
- Rodents and Rice. 134 pages. IRRI Philippines. 1990.
- The Rice Harvester’s Reference, 36 pages. RIRDC Canberra. 1999.
- Amazing Agricultural Machines, Four-Part Two DVD set. SLVP, CA. 2006.
- Australian Tractors. Third Edition. 176 Pages. Rosenberg. 2006.
- The Compact Tractor Bible, MBI Minnesota. 160 pages. 2006.
- Remarkable Australian Farm Machines, 160 pages. Rosenberg. 2007.
- International Harvester Tractors and Equipment in Australia and New Zealand, - Hardbound, 184 pages. Over 400 colour images. Rosenberg 2009.
Plus book chapters in The Wiley Book Series on Corn, Rice etc. Add to that many technical documents, numerous articles, extension bulletins & 15 patents.
These books make excellent Gifts :
The Compact Tractor Bible
for small-acreage landholders and l’scape contractors
On tractors up to 75HP and their attachments
The Grain Harvesters
270 pages. Published by ASAE in 1978.Now into seventh printing. 40,000 copies sold and still selling steadily overseas.
$$$ Four part Two-DVD Amazing Agricultural Machines.
Produced by SLVP California - Horribly expensive but well worth seeing! Four x22 minutes of live action.
Remarkable Australian Farm Machines*
International Harvester Tractors and Equipment in Australia and New Zealand*
2009. 184 pages
* These three books available from
Rosenberg Publishing, PO Box 6125
Dural Delivery Centre, NSW 2168.
Phone: 02 9654 1502 .
Or, Autographed copies may be obtained from the author at a discount:
THE LATEST BOOK FROM DR QUICK, 2012 : Tall but True Tractor Tales
Author’s comments on this book: (These could be used in part in a book review).
This book tells the unusual, the bizarre, even daggy stories about incidents that men and women have had with tractors. The range of stories includes the largest high-powered four-wheel drives down to garden tractors; from vintage to recent models. This book is not a litany of accidents and stupidity with tractors.
Well, yes, there are some stories of accidents but the main thing I was looking for was humour in tractor incidents. Cartoonists were hired to assist in illustrating the stories.
Australia has some of the world’s largest and most labour-efficient farms. The scope of rural work on large acreages, the scarcity and cost of farm labour have been major drivers towards mechanization. Tractors are an indispensable component of Australian farming.
Tall but True Tractors Tales documents fifty-four unusual stories from around Australia.
This book is copiously illustrated, full of humour and a great read that was fun to write and illustrate.
TALL BUT TRUE TRACTOR TALES by Graeme R Quick. 176 pages. Softbound. Embossed title.
RRP $29.95, not including postage.
Published by/Available from:
Or, Autographed copies may be obtained from the author: