The duties of the Society Manager include the following:
- Record the minutes of Council meetings and the annual business meeting and distribute the minutes to Council members within one month of the meeting.
- Carry on correspondence for the Society.
- Serve as the office liaison with ASABE office.
- Assist in preparing CSBE awards, commendations and student awards for the Annual meeting
- Pay Society expenses.
- Arrange for preparation of auditors report for AGM.
- Serve as the office liaison with affiliate societies.
- Report election results to Council and the annual business meeting.
- File an annual summary with the Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada.
- Preserve all documents of the Society except those assigned to other officers or committees.
- Carry out general secretarial duties including keeping of committee lists, bringing appropriate documents to meetings and correspondence.
- Receive all By-law changes but not responsible for making the changes.
- Publish and supply in quantity the Awards Booklet to the AGM.
- Invoice the authors for page charges
- Print and mail the CBEJ
- Serve as Secretary-Treasurer for the CSBE/SCGAB Foundation
- Send out Foundation donation tax receipts
As you are aware, CSBE-SCGAB Society and CSBE-SCGAB Foundation offer several awards every year. Please email me for information. Applicants must be a student member of the Society. The Foundation will pay the membership dues for first-time-ever Graduate Students. Email me for information.
The minutes of the 2014 AGM at the Montreal CSBE/SCGAB ASABE conference are posted on our web site
In 2012, the Foundation established a new program. To help our students with their travel to our CSBE-SCGAB Technical Conference and AGM, the CSBE-SCGAB Foundation will pay the fees for base conference registration for the winner(s) of student awards. In addition, the Foundation will provide $100 per student to a maximum of $400 per academic unit (biological/bioresource, biosystems,... eng. programs), to be used to defray the costs of travel and accommodation for attending the conference. The students must be members in good standing of the CSBE-SCGAB in order to be eligible for the awards, fee waivers, and travel support. Eligible academic units (biological/bioresource, biosystems,... eng. programs) are asked to contact the CSBE-SCGAB Foundation (John Feddes) by June 1st of each year, and provide the name, CSBE-SCGAB membership number, and project or thesis title of each winning student who are planning to travel to the conference site. I need a copy of base conference registration receipt for each student who is requesting support. I will issue a cheque to each student at the Edmonton Annual meeting.