The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs’ Environmental Management Branch offers this opportunity to lead the design and delivery of engineering solutions that contribute to a healthy environment, food safety, public health and welfare, and a robust agriculture and food industry.
Application deadline: Friday, May 4, 2018.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- provide engineering knowledge on proper soil management and its impact on soil health (e.g. erosion, compaction, reduction in organic matter and breakdown of aggregate structure)
- provide technical information, guidance and advice to ministry staff, industry and other stakeholders
- provide engineering expertise in the review of complex systems and technologies adaptable to agriculture and food sectors
- coordinate and manage demonstration projects and research highlighting innovations and new adaptable technologies
- contribute and consult on policies, strategies and innovative technologies
- develop engineering/technical components of regulations, standards, protocols and address issues in a geographically defined area, lead consultations and mediation on agricultural issues as legislated under the Farming and Food Production Protection Act (FFPPA), in a professional engineering manner
- provide engineering advice, technical leadership and guidance in the specialty area of soil management, fostering innovation to improve efficiency, performance, environmental sustainability, and food safety for the agriculture and food industry and the public
Salary Range: $79,260 - $105,476 per year
- 1 Permanent, 95 Dundas St E, Brighton, East Region
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
For full position details, including qualifications, and to apply online, please visit www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 121171, by Friday, May 4, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.