The Canadian Society for Bioengineering (CSBE) or La Société de génie agroalimentaire et de bioingénierie (SCGAB) is looking for a new treasurer. Its role is to monitor and analyze the financial status and financial procedures of the Society to ensure its fiscal health. More specifically, this person:
- Serves as a non-voting member of the Council and attends Council meetings where he/she presents financial statements;
- Is responsible for submitting a budget to the Council and subsequently to the members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- Ensures auditor's report is prepared and available at the AGM;
- Corresponds with Society’s financial institutions regarding bank and investment accounts issues;
- Acts as signing authority for the Society’s financial accounts jointly with the Society Manager.